Dr. Ambedkar Centres of Excellence Scheme has been launched by Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India on 22nd April, 2022. Under this scheme Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) is started in the University of Allahabad. The purpose of the DACE scheme is to provides High Quality Free Coaching Facilities to the Scheduled Caste (SC) students for the Civil Services examinations, conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The DACE is committed to provide an excellent training to SC students to broaden knowledge, develop critical-thinking, raise problem solving skills and confidence. The duration of coaching is one year.
The candidate must hold a Graduation degree from Government recognized Universities.
The candidate must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have exceeded the age of 37 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Students and Selection Procedure for the Free Coaching:
1. In order to be considered for admission into the desired courses/recruitment examinations, candidates must have achieved the required minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
2. The DACE Scheme is open to only SC students. University shall obtain/verify requisite caste certificate from the concerned candidate/student/ issued by the competent authorities in his/her respective States/UTs or as the case may be.
3. The total number of sanctioned seats for coaching is 100 out of which 33% seats will preferably be given to the eligible female candidates of Scheduled Castes. If eligible female candidates are not available in sufficient numbers for the coaching, the vacant seats will be allocated to the male/transgender candidates (SC Candidates only).
4. The coaching benefits under the DACE scheme may only be utilized by a student ONCE regardless of the number of chances that he/she may be entitled to in a particular Competitive Examination. It will be mandatory for a student to submit an affidavit to the University stating that he/she has not received any monetary benefit from any of the other schemes of the Government of India, State/UTs or any funding agency.
5. The students will be selected through a Common Entrance Test conducted by the University of Allahabad as per merit.
6. The candidates enrolled under this scheme shall have to attend all the classes, practice tests, or any other evaluations. In case of remaining absent for more than 15 days without any valid reason, or leaving the coaching midway without prior approval of the competent authority, the total expenditure incurred on the candidate will be recovered from the University/student/candidate concerned. University shall be responsible for the recovery.
Entrance Test Syllabus:
There will be 100 MCQs with one mark for each question (Total 100 marks) from the following subjects: