The Chief, Deputy Chief, along with the Technical Asst. visited the affiliated colleges/hostels and addressed the student. This is done on a regular basis throughout the year. The students are given information about various job opportunities, qualifications, age limits, scheme of examinations, probable date of advt./exam., tips for the preparation etc. Further the information regarding higher educational facilities available in India and abroad are given to them. The Bureau registered and renewed the particulars of candidates of Professional, Technical, Under Graduate and Post Graduate classes for employment assistance.
The following activities were organized:
- Two weeks entrepreneurial development Programme from 19th Dec, 2013 to 31-12-2013 at Department of Home Science with the help of MSME (Micro, Small & Mini enterprise, Ministry of MSME, GOI) in which around 15 Personnels from different Institution & Industry delivered the lectures.
- Summer training for B.Tech. students at different Govt. & Private organizations like CATC (Central Air Traffic Control), BSNL, Wipro, TCS, Railways, etc
- One day sensitization programme at Sir Sunder Lal Hostel, University of Allahabad with officials from MSME Allahabad. A large number of students attended the programme.
- Campus recruitment activities for B.Tech, MCA, M.Sc. (CS) & MBA students, companies visited from Jan., 2014 onwards are EXL India, TCS, Infogain & have selected more than 40 students. Few more companies like Tech. Mahindra, NTT data, Nokia & Ericson are expected to visit our campus very soon.
- MOU with a Multinational IT Company Infogain (Noida) for up-gradation of our computer laboratories and knowledge of students about latest developments in Software Industry.
For the benefit of students and job seekers, the Bureau collects and displays the hand books of foreign Universities like Postgraduate Directory of the United Kingdom and others.
Further newspapers and Bulletins of sister bureaus, Employment news, occupational information files are available for the reference of students in this room.
Applications and brochures related to Graduate Record Exam (GRE), Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are available in the bureau, and are being issued to the aspiring students.
The Bureau has acquired the following hand books :
- Common- Wealth Universities’ Handbook - 2 Volumes.
- Postgraduate Directory on UK Education - 3 Volumes.
- Graduate Directory on UK Education - 2 Volumes.
- Universities Handbook.
Bureau obtains Span and German News besides books on different careers.
10 days Entreprenure Development Programme
A 2 week lecture series on entrepreneurial development was inaugurated at 11 am in the department of Home-Science on 21st December 2013 by Prof. Vijay Krishna, Dean Faculty of Science. The lecture series is in collaboration with MSME (Micro, Small and Mini Enterprise) Ministry of MSME GOI, University employment Information & guidance bureau through its Director Dr. N. K. Shukla and the department of Home Science. The participants are the students of M. Sc. Textile and Apparel Designing post graduate programme of the department of Home Science, University of Allahabad. The two week lecture and practical demonstrations will consist of lectures in Management Skills, Financial Management, Account Book Management and Soft Skills. It also will have some business oriented games which will educate the participants on building up of entrepreneurial competencies.
The series is envisaged to foster in the minds of young women the seed of self dependency and self worth. Entrepreneurial development among women is the most effective way of empowering young women to have control on their life through financial independence. The three E’s being Equality, Education and Entrepreneurship. Women have to equip themselves with skills which keep them in good stead throughout their lives. Empowerment is a multidimensional social process which helps people gain control over their own lives. Financial independence being one of its most important aspects.
It is of utmost importance to have skill based education. Today we have also realized how important it is to empower young women.