The conduct of Pending Examinations at University of Allahabad.
If the corona curve (covid 19) flattens in the country and it is announced that people can travel comfortably by any means of transport and the District administration announces that it is possible for the students to come and stay in the hostels/delegacy by the the first week of August 17, 2020 the following manner:
Students shall be allowed to stay in the hostels from August 7, 2020 and examinations shall commence from August 17, 2020.
The duration of examinations for all the courses shall be of two hours only and students be asked to answer any four questions.
In the first phase, the University will conduct the examinations of the final year/final semester students of UG and PG courses.
In the next phase depending upon the number of students examination of first and second year students will be conducted accordingly.
The assessment of students in the practical laboratories will be done on the basis of assignments and viva-voce. The viva-voce can also be arranged in the conferencing mode.
As social distancing is to be maintained, the University may conduct the examination in three shifts, even on Saturdays and Sundays, and the mumber of centres may be increased.
Proper sanitization will be arranged at all the required places. If the COVID 19 situation does not improve even by the first week of August 2020 then the following method of assessment will be applied:
For the semester examination:
1. The assessment of final year students will be done on the basis of the weighted average of the marks obtained in the sectional assessment in the current semester and the overall performance in all the previous semesters.
In the cases where sessional assessment has not been carried out until now in the current semester it will be done by giving assignments to the students and subsequent evaluation of the assignments.
2. The evaluation of fourth semester students and the second semester students will be done in the similar manner as specified above.
For the Annual Examinations:
1. In the case of BA/B.Sc./B.Com. Part III Students the weighted average of the marks obtained in the previous two years should be considered for their third year assessment. However such students who wish to improve their marks shall be allowed for second examination in all the subjects. This relaxation is being provided for the session 2019-20 only in view of this unprecedented covid-19 pandemic and this shall not be treated as binding precedent. SECOND examination shall only be conducted if the permission is granted for holding such examination in the campus by the state of Uttar Pradesh and the Govt. of India/
2. BA./B.Sc./B.Com II Year students shall not be promoted to III Year, but will be allowed to continue attending classes in the third year of their course and in between whenever it is feasible to hold the examinations the same will be arranged for all the papers of B.A./B,Sc,/B.Com. this exercise will be carried out during the winter vacation so that the academic calendar is not disturbed.
3. BA./B.Sc. I Year students shall not be promoted to II Year, but will be allowed to continue attending classes in the third year of their course and in between whenever it is feasible to hold the examinations the same will be arranged for all the papers of B.A./B,Sc,/B.Com this exercise will be carried out during the winter vacation so that the academic calendar is not disturbed.
4. The assessment of students in the practical laboratories will be done on the basis of assignments and viva-voce. The viva-voce can also be arranged in the conferencing mode.
Mode of imparting education during covid 19
The classes for UG Courses in offline mode shall only be conducted when it is permitted by the government norms. However, if the Covid 19 pandemic persists online teaching mode will be adopted for all the courses in future.