Mission and Objectives
The Mission of the University of Allahabad is to be a global, socially conscious Center of Excellence in the conservation, creation, advancement and dissemination of knowledge, equipped to take up challenges of the enormous change taking place all around and committed to empower its faculty and students to contribute meaningfully to economic, technological, social development and progress. In order to have a Global outreach, the University is committed to advance the same facility to International Students and impart quality education to them as well.
The living ambience and social milieu of the campus is also reflected in an integrated, with a new focus on an interdisciplinary approach in teaching and research. There is freedom to define and design course content or start new courses. Research themes evolve with new developments in the area and the interface between different areas of study. Everyone at the university competes with himself/herself to excel in their own field of research. The University of Allahabad is academically and socially a vibrant place where all have space to express their views.
The four faculties and thirty three departments along with special centres of the university produce high quality research publications, books, working papers and D.Phil. theses. The University alumni occupy important positions, in academics, government, private sector, and in fact in all walks of life.
The University through its International Students Advising and Services (ISAS) will continue to play a major role globally in the field of higher education, by seeding new ideas and creating knowledge, and by imparting high level of training with values and social commitment to all its International Students as well. Since its inception on July 14, 2005 as a Central University, the University has reaffirmed to live up to these ideals. We believe that the University is responsible not just for imparting knowledge, but for disseminating knowledge in society; so as to build a better Society at national and international levels in future.
Present International Student Advisor & Board
Prof. Sanjeev Bhadauria, HOD, Defence & Strategic Studies
The University has a separate International Students Advisory Board under the International Student Advisor to advise and facilitate the International Students.
Fee Structure - For International Students Session 2016 - 17
(SPONSORED OR SELF FINANCED)
- Msc (Environmental Science) Rs 1910/-University fees +US$100 or equivalent Indian Currency for registration (please issue cheque in favour of FINANCE OFFICER UNIVERSITY OF ALLAHABAD for consolidated amount) +38,000/- Professional fees (please draw cheque in favour of “COORDINATOR -ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, BOTANY DEPARTMENT, ALLAHABAD UNIVERSITY)
- M.B.A, 1610/- University fees(Cheque in favour of Finance Officer) + US$1100 or equivalent Indian Currency as registration fee out of which Rs. 19,000/- Professional fees (Cheque in favour of Director, MLN INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION) and rest FOR KIT ETC (CHEQUES IN FAVOUR OF TREASURER, Young Executive Club)
- FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND POST GRADUATE & DIPLOMA STUDENTS
US $1000+$100=$1100 OR EQUIVALENT IN INDIAN CURRENCY A UNIVERSITY FEESS
(CHEQUE IN FAVOUR OF FINANCE OFFICER, UNIVERSITY OF ALLAHABAD)
US $100 OR EQUIVALENT AS DEPARTMENTAL FEE
CHEQUES TO BE DRWAN IN FAVOUR OF
DEAN ARTS FOR B.A.
DEAN COMMERCE FOR B.COM.
DEAN SCIENCES FOR B.SC.
FOR POST GRADATE IN FAVOUR OF THE HEAD OF THE CONCERNED DEPARTMENT
ANNUAL FEES US $1500 +ONE TIME US $100 OR EQUIVALENT IN INDIAN CURRENCY FOR REGISTRATION (CHEQUE IN FAVOUR OF FINANCE OFFICER, UNIVERSITY OF ALLAHABAD)
US $500 OR EQUIVALENT IN INDIAN CURRENCY ANUALLY AS DEPARTMENTAL FEES REGISTRATION (CHEQUE IN FAVOUR OF HEAD OF THE CONCERNED DEPATMENT.
UNIVERSITY REGISTRATION FEE IS CHARGED ONLY AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION
- For other professional courses (B. Tech, BA- Media Studies, Food Technology, Computer Applications) fee structure will be communicated along with the offer letter
- Hostel fees will be communicated separately
The University stands for humanism and tolerance, for reason, for adventure of ideas and for the search for truth. It stands for the forward march of the human race towards ever higher objectives. The Universities proposes to discharge its duties adequately, and aspires to provide to its International Students the following facilities:
- Single Window Services
- Wireless connectivity
- Competitive and Affordable Education
With a view to assist international students, University has established an International Students Office in the University campus. The University of Allahabad model for Internationalization of Higher Education has these unique features:
- In the age of globalization, the University has set out to make its presence felt globally through internationalization of its programmes and opening new avenues of association for global student community.
- With the approval of UGC and the Central Government, the International Student Advisors’ Office of the University proposes to have a number of MOUs signed with leading Universities whereby sharing of the facilities in the university and exchange of Faculty and students can be made possible.
- Besides looking after admissions and eligibility, the Office of the International Student Advisor coordinates with ICCR, Ministry of External Affairs, different embassies and consulates for various purposes including grant/award of Scholarships.
Hostel Accommodation Facility:
The University maintains a separate boys’ hostel for International Students and female students are accommodated in a separate girls’ hostel.
Very soon, the University of Allahabad with the support of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India will construct a new hostel for accommodating 158 students with separate state of the art self sustained apartments adjacent to the present International House.
Sponsored Student Programs
The Sponsored Student Program is a part of International Student Advising and Services (ISAS) at the University of Allahabad with the specific goal of assisting sponsors and sponsored students by:
- Supporting the academic goals of sponsored students and their sponsors.
- Providing records of student’s academic standing when requested.
- Facilitating communication between students and sponsors to help with financial and administrative questions.
- Working with the Sponsoring Agencies as well as the Foreign Registration Office to answer sponsored students’ questions and to help students maintain and understand their immigration status.
Services for Sponsored Students
- A special orientation session for sponsored students
- Help with providing medical facilities when required. Facilitation is given to Sponsored Students to avail medical insurance, if the student desires.
- Help sponsored students communicate with Academic Departments, and Sponsoring Agencies.
- Reminders for students with expiring financial guarantee/support letters.
Services for the Sponsor
- A special orientation session for sponsored students.
- Student transcripts to show academic standing upon request.
- Special campus meetings for sponsors to meet with their students.
- Manage Financial Guarantee for Sponsorship
Activities of the International Student Office
The University of Allahabad attracts a large number of foreign students in comparison to all other Indian Universities. Apart from offering a multi-cultural and inter-disciplinary learning environment, one of the main reasons for studying in Allahabad is the manageable cost of living and a favourable environment for education. Currently, we have around 175 students, from over 15 countries studying at the University and its affiliated colleges.
The International Students Office of the University of Allahabad assists the International Students’ Community, in acquiring information about the various courses, colleges, tuition fee structure, eligibility, accommodation, health insurance and the accommodation offered by the University. It is also operative in arranging for the students’ admissions and their overall welfare.
The International Student Office administers the special over and above quota of International Students, created jointly by the Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MEA & MHRD) Government of India. The International Student Office acts as the nodal agency that coordinates all the activities related to the admission of International Students, provided facilities through a unique single-window system. Apart from handling the admissions and eligibility procedures, the International Student Office coordinates with the Indian Council for Cultural Research (ICCR), Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MEA & MHRD) and with different Embassies and Consulates for various purposes including getting scholarships as well as in administering MoU’s with International Partners of higher education.
The International Student Office acts as a liaison between the students, the various Departmental Heads, and the Heads of Colleges and Institutions affiliated under the University of Allahabad as well as the Heads of Chancery, Embassies, Consulates, their educational counselors and their educational wings, throughout the world or with any other agencies of the Government of India or the Government of other countries.
International Students in various Programmes at the University of Allahabad
|Country||Number of Students||Grand |
|Under Graduate||Post Graduate||Doctoral|
|Faculty||Under Graduate||Post Graduate||Doctoral||Grand|
|Arts, Science and Commerce||89||46||27||162|
|Engineering & Technology||02||-||-||02|
& Applied Sciences)
Self Supporting Candidates can apply directly
For any inquiry feel free to write or mail to:
Prof. Sanjeev Bhadauria
International Students Advisor
Professor & Head Defence and Strategic Studies
University of Allahabad
U. P., India
Mob. No.: +918795254265